Friday, January 22, 2010

Conversations with a three year old

"Happy Birthday to Me. I am THREE!"

~~~~~~~

"I'm not going to be a good boy! I'm going to be a maniac!"

~~~~~~~

"Mommy! What was THAT sound?"

"I don't know. What do you think made that noise?"

"A dragon."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, let's go find the dragon."

"Where do you think it is?"

"I think it is in the cupboard."

"Oh, William. I think dragons are too big to fit through the front door, let alone fit into our cupboard."

"No, no, no. It's not a Mommy dragon. It is a baby dragon. Let's find it so... so I can rock it to sleep and make it feel better."

"Ahh. Okay."

~~~~~~
"Mommy?"
"Yes, William?"

"I'll always protect you."

"That's very brave of you to say. Thank you, William."

"Don't worry. I'll always protect you from dragons...because... well, you don't want to say 'Hi' to dragons. They can be scary, Mommy."


~~~~~~~

Mommy, Mommy! Come, come. Let's talk about things.

What things would you like to talk about, William?

There are things in... in my mouth I need to... to get out.

Do you have something stuck in your teeth?

No, no , just words.

No comments: