talk to him. So, here is a small tidbit from a conversation just a
few minutes ago.
William just received a lovely t-shirt from Auntie Tina. After she
left it prompted the following conversation:
"I like the dinosaur on your shirt, Turkey."
"Mommy, why is it just a skeleton? how did they take off the skin and
muscles?"
(pause)." Errr, it just came off William."
"But how did it come off?"
"Well, dinosaurs only exist as skeletons."
"Why?"
"Dinosaurs lived a long time ago and so their skin & muscles
disappeared a long time ago."
"How did it go away?"
"Long pause....ummmm, well... it decomposed...."
THANKFULLY, I was interrupted by his own idea:
"I think, I think...they went to the hospital and had an xray picture
taken. Don't worry, Mommy. It didn't hurt the T-Rex"
Not quite prepared to talk about life and death yet, I let the
conversation end there. Our days are filled wih these funny little
conversations.

No comments:
Post a Comment